October 27, 2005.
Grisoft, a world leader in personal protection software solutions announces at Invex IT Fair on Oct. 24, 2005, in Brno, Czech Republic, a new version of its industry leading AVG solution with the launch of AVG Anti-Virus 7.1. The new version of the company's hugely successful AVG Anti-Virus platform provides individual and business PC users with additional benefits and features such as support for Windows XP 64-bit Edition based PC systems with a simple-to-use integrated solution that protects them from the threats of computer viruses, worms, data thieves and computer hackers.
"In our efforts to fulfill the security needs of SMB customers and individual computer users, Grisoft is pleased to announce the launch of the next stage in the evolution of our award-winning AVG platform through the release of AVG Anti-Virus 7.1" commented Peter Lipa, President of Grisoft Inc. "Looking at the current and future needs of our customers, we have launched AVG 7.1 which has added support for the new Windows 64-bit operating systems, providing all consumers with a comprehensive product that protects them regardless of the operating platforms or systems they are using now or in the future."
AVG 7.1 Functionality and Benefits
The primary benefit of AVG 7.1 is that it has been designed to make it as simple as possible for the customer to use by providing enhanced protection from viruses and other forms of malicious code, while also improving the speed of scans and flexibility in defining the scanning criteria. With AVG 7.1, Grisoft continues to provide customers with a simple interface from which to manage their protection, as well as making some routine features like database updates seamless and less time consuming to the end user.
Enhancements to AVG Anti-Virus 7.1
* AVG Anti-Virus is one of the first anti-virus applications to support Windows XP 64-bit Edition, the new Microsoft platform. Support for Windows 64-bit is an integral part of all full versions of AVG Anti- Virus. Windows XP x64 Edition is designed for demanding users for the next generation of high-performance computing.
* Detection of potentially unwanted applications
* AVG 7.1 now offers a new option both for the resident shield and for test properties to detect potentially unwanted applications such as "adware."
* AVG 7.1 now supports options for file extension definition. In addition, directory exclusion has been enhanced to support network drives and directories, thereby improving scanning performance.
* Improved support for screen reader programs. AVG Anti-Virus continues to be a leader in providing the highest quality security software easily accessible to the visually impaired. These improvements will provide this under-served market with all the benefits and protection that traditional customers have become accustomed to.
* AVG 7.1 now provides comprehensive event history and an easily viewable log.
* Improved the Firewall Configuration Wizard The AVG Plus Firewall now includes an even more user-friendly configuration wizard
Web Site: http://www.grisoft.com Source URL: http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/10-27-2005/0004197433&EDATE=.
End of article.
Any further reproduction or distribution of this article in a format other than a specialized format, may be an infringement of copyright.
Go to ...
Top of Page.
List of Categories.
Blind World Website
Designed and Maintained by:
All Rights Reserved.