Thursday, May 18, 2006.
Undiscovered authors may want to visit a new website that has just been launched, www.discoverabook.com. This is a different and fantastic free opportunity for new authors to be discovered.
The principles are 2 fold:
1. Authors who have not been successful in being accepted by an agent or publisher may upload their work to our site for free.
Readers may preview the site by downloading the first chapter for free; should a reader then like that first chapter they may download the whole book for a nominal sum in any of 4 currencies, the proceeds of which are split 50/50 with the author.
More importantly though should sufficient sales be made say 50 in a week, discoverabook [and the author are in a stronger position to approach publishers or agents for a publishing deal.
2. Agents & Publishers are inundated with material that is often rejected or discarded. [Lets not forget J K Rowling wasn't accepted on her first submission.They may recommend authors to us and if the author uses our site leading to successful sales we will approach the submitting agent or publisher allowing them to enter into negotiations.
Included in the site is a free ebook section and at present over 300 are listed.
has 2 million downloads per month!
It is said that every person has a story and it is estimated that for every published piece there are in the region of 100 unpublished, sitting in a drawer or on a laptop. Ebooks are without doubt an increasing marketplace a search of Google shows 96,800,000 pages.
After visiting the recent London Bookfair at Excel strong, positive feedback was received from number of companies and organizations.
The site itself has taken 2 years to write and develop and is fully expected to be successful in both the UK & USA.
Marketing is just beginning and the initial target markets are the UK, USA & Australia. Payments may be made in 4 currencies GB£, US$, ? Euro & Australian$ making the site more attractive to users who want to pay in their local currency...
Benefits of ebooks include.
1. Ebooks promote reading. People are spending more time in front of screens and less time in front of printed books.
2. Ebooks make reading accessible to persons with disabilities. Text can be resized for the visually impaired. Screens can be lit for reading in the dark.
3. Ebooks are faster to produce than paper books.
4. Ebooks are easily updateable, for correcting errors and adding information.
5. Ebooks are portable. You can carry an entire library on one DVD, laptop PDA.
6. Ebooks are good for the environment. Ebooks save trees. Ebooks eliminate the need for filling up landfills with old books. Ebooks save transportation costs and the pollution associated with shipping books across the country and the world.
7. Ebooks can be printable: and thereby give a reader most or all of the advantages of a paper-based book.
8. Ebooks are cheaper to produce and to purchase.
9. Ebooks can be free. We recommend http://www.gutenberg.org/
10. Ebooks -- with additional software and hardware -- can read aloud to you.
Please take a look at our site and if you have any questions please feel free to call me.
+44 1280 821005.
End of article.
Any further reproduction or distribution of this article in a format other than a specialized format, may be an infringement of copyright.
Go to ...
Top of Page.
List of Categories.
Blind World Website
Designed and Maintained by:
All Rights Reserved.