PROBLEM OF THE WEEK - GRADE 7
Week of March 10, 2014
Using Ratios to Make Predictions - Part II
1. Read the example problem on the activity sheet until you understand the process of how ratios
can be used to make predictions. See Mr. Flint if you have any questions.
2. Complete the three questions, showing all work in your POW notebook.
3. As with last week, wrtie three different explanations for each of the three problems, using good
vocabulary and highlighting all vocabulary words used.
Friday, March 14, 2014.
60-Solved each question correctly, showing all work.
(20 pts. each!)
30-Brief descriptions of each problem, accompanying
10-Correct grammar, capitalization, punctuation
PROJECT OF THE MONTH - GRADE 8
SLOPES OF STAIRCASES
1. Read the description of the project on page 706 of your text.
2. Using what you know about slope, answer questions 1-4, showing all of your work. For
question #2, make sure to draw diagrams to justify your answer. For question #3, use the following five
(5) staircases: home (front, interior), a relative's house (back,
interior), school (any staircase of your choosing). For
question #4, please remember to cite your source.
DATE DUE: Friday, March 28, 2014
CONGRATULATIONS, WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON RED SOX!
|St. Mary's is a proud member of Red Sox Nation.
SUPPLY LIST - GRADE 8
1 package blue pens
1 package red pens
1 dozen # 2 pencils with erasers
2 yellow highlighters
1 12" standard/metric ruler
1 set colored pencils
1 package fine point markers
1 pocket dictionary
1 Spanish/English dictionary
1 composition notebook
4 packages wide-ruled filler paper
single subject spiral notebooks
10 sheet protectors
10 2-pocket folders
plastic 1" binder (flexible cover)
3 pads stick-on notes
1 set binder dividers
2 boxes facial tissue
High School Prep Book: MASTER THE CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL ENTRANCE EXAMS 2014(published by Peterson's, copyright
2013...gold, white cover with pictures of students)