SUMMER MATH ASSIGNMENTS!
Complete the following assignments in Peterson's Master
the Catholic High School Entrance Exams 2015, published by Peterson's, copyright 2014 (gold and white cover with pictures
on students). Follow the directions as described below. Use a notebook to show all work, and label each assignment with the
title and page numbers. Summer program participants should NOT begin this assignment until
the summer program ends.
1. Read each section first before doing the exercises. This will help you to
recall and review the material being practiced.
2. Complete the "Exercises" and "Test Yourself" sections on the pages listed
below in a brand new notebook. Show all work!
3. Using the answer key in each section, correct your own work. Use a red pen.
If an answer is wrong, redo the problem in red ink to show me that you understand where you made your mistake.
4. Reread the explanation at the beginning of the section to help you with your
mistakes, if necessary.
PLEASE NOTE: If you find yourself struggling with a particular
section, or if you get less than 70% of the problems correct in a given section, please feel free to contact me by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org for some assistance!
A) Quantitative Reasoning, pages 171-181
B) Math Concepts, pages 183-196
C) Algebra, pages 196-201
D) Geometry, pages 202-211
E) Word Problems, pages 212-231
F) Series Reasoning, pages 259-277
G) Quantitative Comparisons, pages 279-287
H) Mathematics Exercises, pages 232-236
Complete the "Summer Math Packet" calendar activities as provided to you in class
before the close of the past school year. Follow all directions specifically as stated in the instructions. Here is a summary
of what you are expected to do:
1. Complete at least 15 calendar days of math practice each month.
(Feel free to do more!)
2. Complete all your work, showing all computations, in a math notebook specifically
used for this purpose.
3. Complete a log entry for each calendar activity you perform. Don't forget
to have a parent inital each log entry.
4. Sign the Student Accountability form upon completing your summer work.